The admissions process is very grueling, it forces you to take a hard look at yourself (There are times these deep introspection exercises, have led to astral travel; more on that in another post). Although, I have a few aces up my sleeve like – my goals, which I will be able to articulate in my essays with conviction (both short-term and long-term), being a social entrepreneur and all that. I can’t help but feel like I have major deficiencies in certain wedges of my profile. I do not have a stellar GPA; more like a subpar GPA, I haven’t got impressive credentials for community work either, just an NGO, where I have devoted a couple of months. Apart from being a part of the Indian Bloggers League, AirAsia Bloggers Community ( I don’t know if this counts) and a certified Tea Taster(Yeah, I am eccentric), I do not have anything that makes me memorable . You can see why I have certain inhibitions about my candidacy.
A critical look at my profile
- 23 year old Female
- Undergrad –B.A Economics (2011) 2.9 GPA (Yes, I played the fool in college, I thought leading the drama club and winning business competitions were way cooler)
- Supplemented that with a Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing (2013- 2014) GPA – 7.0/9.0
- 4 Years of solid work experience upon matriculation – the first 2 years were spent at a start-up, where I lead Marketing and New product development. The past 1 year have been spent building my own firm.
- My company is a for profit social enterprise – I intend to leverage that to the maximum.
- GMAT: I am working my butt off to get that 760. I am hoping a good GMAT score will offset my pathetic GPA.
There it is. A glimpse into my not so spectacular profile!
Penny for your thoughts?